The provision of first aid services is fundamental to organizational health and safety. The Abbotsford School District will provide and maintain first aid services, supplies and equipment as specified by the Workers Compensation Act and OHS Regulations. Designated Occupational First Aid Attendants are paid a premium to attend to the needs of employees and students requiring first aid treatment. The roles and responsibilities of Occupational First Aid Attendants are outlined in the Occupational First Aid Program.
1. Premium payments will be provided to Support Staff holding a valid First Aid Certificate and, who are designated in writing and are required to act as a first-aid attendant in a facility as follows:
- The premium for First Aid Level l is $0.50 per hour worked; and
- The premium for First Aid Level ll is $1.00 per hour worked.
2. Premium payments will be provided to teachers holding a valid First Aid Certificate and, who are designated in writing and are required to act as a first-aid attendant in a facility. Premiums are outlined in the Provincial Collective Agreement and paid on a monthly basis.
3. Employees interested in becoming a designated First Aid Attendant at their worksite are asked to speak to their supervisor. For more information on the duties and responsibilities of an Occupational First Aid Attendant, please review the Occupational First Aid Program, a supplement of the Abbotsford School District Workplace Safety Program.
(Last Revised: January 2023)