Donations/Sponsorships to External Organizations/Third Parties
The Board of Education may consider requests to provide a donation to an external organization (third party) or sponsor an event organized by an external organization that align with the Board’s Strategic Plan. Consideration of any donation or corporate sponsorship is at the discretion of the Board.
- Requests for donations of School District funds are to be made to the Board of Education. Therefore, requests made directly to schools must be forwarded to the Secretary-Treasurer’s Office for due consideration.
- External organizations/third parties may only apply for donations once per fiscal year. The Board will limit the annual total amount of donations provided to external organizations/third parties.
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Requests from external organizations/third parties for a corporate sponsorship for events will be made for the recognition and/or advantage of the School District and/or promotion of public education in general. Sponsorships are generally not for programs or direct services.
- Requests for sponsorship are to be made to the Board. Therefore, requests made directly to schools must be forwarded to the Secretary-Treasurer’s Office for Board approval. External organizations/third parties may only apply for sponsorships once per fiscal year.
- The Board will limit the annual amount of their corporate sponsorships.
- Requests from external organizations/third parties for partnerships must have a direct advantage for our students and/or the School District. The funding provided by the Board provides a direct service or benefit back to the district.
- Requests for the Board to provide funding in a Partnership arrangement are to be made directly to the Board of Education.
Last revised: December 2021